Weekend quiz

0041Do please feel free to contribute, if you have not already done so, to the question from last week (the most admired peer); there have been some extremely interesting, and varied, replies.

Here’s this weekend’s questions.

Peer 1

I started my career as a housing administrator.

I was director of a alcohol recovery programme and then chief executive of a youth social exclusion charity.

I am presently a chief executive of a major charity.

Who am I?

Peer 2

I was an MP for thirteen years.

I chaired my parliamentary party.

I was the first chair of an influential joint committee of both Houses.

Who am I?

7 comments for “Weekend quiz

1. 21/03/2009 at 1:06 am

Peer 1 : Lord Adebowale

21/03/2009 at 10:10 am

1) Almost went wrong here as Lord Mancroft was a director of Addiction Recovery Foundation and Phoenix House Housing Association which all seemed on track and the Countryside alliance is major and has a charitable foundation attached. But no I think Lord Norton would have been thinking of Lord Adebowale – Turning Point Chief Executive, former Local Authority Estate Manager and Director of the Alcohol Recovery Project.

2) Should be obvious, but clearly I’m feeling dim this morning…ah ok Lady Corston she was an MP from ’92-05, Chairman PLP and the Joint Cttee for Human Rights while an MP –

3. Rob
    21/03/2009 at 12:09 pm

Peer 1: Lord Adebowale
    Peer 2: Baroness Corston

22/03/2009 at 3:10 pm

“March 21, 2009 at 1:06 am”

I hope Steph lives in a different time zone or that’s taking winning the quiz to a new level of dedication 😀

23/03/2009 at 5:06 pm

Congratulations to Croft who got in with the correct answers ahead of Rob. Steph gets a commendation for getting in first with the answer to question one.

6. 23/03/2009 at 5:36 pm

Croft wrote ..

“I hope Steph lives in a different time zone or that’s taking winning the quiz to a new level of dedication ”

The thing is Croft .. I was just about to shutdown my PC 1am – ish .. when I saw that Lord Norton had posted the weekend quiz over 4 hours earlier. AAARRRGGGHH !!!

Thinking I was the last one to contribute I cracked Peer 1 in the usual 2 mins ( !! ) and then started on Peer 2 ..
    I awoke 2 hours later still clutching my wireless mouse .. awww.

Congratulations Croft !!!

Steph xx

P.S. can’t wait to receive my commendation !!!

24/03/2009 at 10:19 am

@Steph: I thought Lord Norton was trying to keep us on our toes by mixing up the posting times 🙂 1 am used to be my ideal time to finish an essay due in next morning – as it’s quiet and the phone doesn’t ring 😉