The Constitutional Reform Act 2005 excluded peers who were members of the Supreme Court from membership of the House for the period they held judicial office. It also excluded peers who held other high judicial office. Upon retirement, they resume their membership. This quiz covers peers who have held judicial office. As usual, the first person to provide the correct answers will win a copy of one of my recent publications.
1. Name one of the former Lord Chief Justices presently in the House who has not served on the Supreme Court.
2. I have served as Solicitor General for Scotland and Lord Advocate and was excluded from the House from 2009 to 2013 while serving as a Senator of the College of Justice in Scotland. Who am I?
3. I too have served as Lord Advocate and was excluded from the House from 2009 to 2013 as a result of being a Senator of the College of Justice in Scotland. Who am I?
4. I am the only former Lord Chief Justice to have served on the House of Lords Constitution Committee. Who am I?
5. I am a former Lord Chief Justice and I served on the Joint Committee on the Voter Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill. Who am I?