The House of Lords has among its membership several distinguished surgeons as well as a good number of eminent lawyers. This week’s quiz focuses on peers who are drawn from medicine and the law. As usual, the first two readers to supply the correct answers will be the winners.
1. I combined being a surgeon with being a government minister. Who am I?
2. The Human Rights Act 1998 was introduced by an eminent lawyer, Lord Chancellor Lord Irvine of Lairg QC, but which Liberal Democrat QC is sometimes credited with being the father of the Act?
3. I am a surgeon who spends my summer months undertaking operations on a Mercy Ship off the coast of West Africa. Who am I?
4. I am a former Director of Public Prosecutions who now sits in the Lords. Who am I?
5. I am a professor of surgical sciences and Director of the Thrombosis Research Institute. Who am I?