Some of those who have commented on our posts have asked to know more about us as individuals. Some of my colleagues are infinitely more interesting than I am. For anyone who is vaguely interested, I thought I would try to list ten things about me, so here goes.
2. Total politics anorak (see comments under ‘Who’s Who in the Lords’).
3. Tory (always have been).
4. Methodist (and teetotal with it).
5. Fundamental belief in the dignity of the individual.
6. Recognise that people are different and should as far as possible be left to decide for themselves how to live their lives.
7. Tend to see the best in people.
8. Love trains (great for travel, do masses of work), hate planes.
9. Basic philosophical belief in maintaining a divide between public and private spheres (without the private, the state is all powerful).
10. Er, that’s it – see 9 above.